2.05.2009

-itty bitty livin space-

welcome to our humble home. (love the concrete walls??) so i decided after a year of living here i wanted to put up those curtains over the wall. it is not a window but it sure makes the concrete blocks less noticeable. my sweet husband drilled into concrete for me. a mission.... accomplished. i absolutely love ikea. i got our curtains, those pillows, our kitchen table and chairs, our bed frame and miscellaneous things around the house. i absolutely LOVE it here! it's our home... caden's and mine...

our carpet is wrinkly because the apartment actually comes with fuzzy maroon cement. just this awful flat carpet. our good friends mike and melissa gave us some left over carpet from carpeting there own place. it made a huge difference! now our butts don't go numb when we sit on the floor.


ok....yes...i'm a person who decorates their fridge ok! i got the idea from the movie "p.s. i love you". it's just a strip of magnet with adhesive on the other side that i put ribbon on. it's fun!
our wonderful bedroom! on the other side of me we have a little dresser and our computer desk, with just enough space to walk.

where's the counter space??? (ya, that's what i thought) caden's patience with me in the morning with my hair and makeup stuff everywhere! you can tell i had to clean..it's was a saturday

10 comments:

A and R said...

VERY cute! Good job Megan. I'm very impressed with the fake window! (I guess your landlord lets you drill holes?)

The Poulson's said...

That is the best I have ever seen of decorating u of u housing! GOOD JOB

Daniels Family said...

Your house looks so cute guys! That is so funny, when me and Kevin got married we lived in those apartment for two years! We called it our cinder block palace! We miss the orange shaggy carpet,tiny rooms and cinder block walls. You have really made it look cute though! -Trisha Daniels(caden's friend from high school)

Megan said...

Your house is so cute!!! I'm jealous. We have no decorations. Maybe we can go shopping soon and you can help me pick out cute stuff!!!

Devin and Lindsey said...

How cute!! Can you give me some more lessons on how to make my house cute? You already helped me make Max's room so stinkin cute!

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

Oh Megan it all looks so cute! I love it!! Nice work!

Carrie and EJ Miller said...

I love the fake window. It is beautiful.

The Burnah Clan said...

LOVE what you have done with the place. We miss those cinderblock walls...

Melissa said...

I've never seen your place. It is so cute! probably not much smaller than our place. You have made the concrete walls so homey and I'm so glad you are using our carpet!
What a fun memory in the future!

Katie said...

Megan and Caden,
Hey it's your ol' neighbors the Madsens. I don't know if you remember us but we lived upstairs in 1142. We found your blog through Becky's, I hope you don't mind. Anyways, we love your decorating and your pretend window with the curtains...that is great! Those cinder block walls are the only thing we don't miss, but otherwise value your time there. Well drop us a line sometime. www.easysite.com/madsenfam