9.21.2010

valden carl

Grandpa Anderson died September 20, 2010. We will miss you!
I remember when I first met Grandpa Anderson, he was so eager to tell me of the full life he lived. He shared stories and letters from the war and told about his success of his thriving business adventures and farm. Caden told me he was always working from sun up to sun down and was actively working until he was at least 88! The stories Caden would tell me made me laugh too. You could tell he was quite a character.
" I've lived a good 96 years. Every last one of 'em" he would say. Sometimes he would follow it with, "If only I could have kept Bunny with me a little longer" He is now with his sweet wife. You could tell he dearly missed her.
He would always take my hand and tell Caden, "You take care of her!" On one occasion, he wrote Caden a 20 dollar check and told him to take me out on a nice date.
I hope I can live so long with my sweetheart and family and cherish everyday.

2 comments:

hatch_patch said...

we will alll miss Valden I loved him so much and even though most days were sometimes challenging this past year I loved my daddy here on earth. We had alot of great times memories that will never be forgotten.Valden I will miss you, and I will always be here for Caden, Megan,and Maggie. Love you Laurie

Jocelyn Meacham said...

sweet post honey! Hey he probably got to meet Maggie before she came down,huh?