10.07.2011

smartypants

For the last few months Maggie has been stealing our pens and scriptures and "doodling", so we got her a scribble board of her own. It was one of her favorite toys. I swear she already prefers her right hand.
IMG_3523
IMG_3530
She also got a baby doll from our neighbors with a baby bottle. After we opened it and a few minutes of playing with it, maggie took the bottle and started feeding the baby. I didn't even show her how to do that! She will give her baby hugs and tilt her head while she's hugging her.
IMG_3534
She'll watch me snap my fingers and she'll try it, but make the clicking sound with her tongue.
It's just these little things that make me look at my baby and think, "You're not so little anymore..."
This week we went to the doctor to get those awful one yr old shots! :( I too decided to get the flu shot with her. I was holding Maggie on my lap and as the nurse gave me the shot I said, "Oh wow, that stings a little." Maggie took one look at me, and then and the nurse and broke down in tears!! I had to assure her that Mommy was okay, I was just getting a shot like her! I didn't know if she was crying cause she knew what was coming, or if she was just looking out for me. It was so sad, but cute.
Height: 30.5 in (88%)
Weight 21 lbs (50%)
She now walks halfway across a room to me (about 10 steps on her own).
and has 4 almost 6 teeth.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love how intensely focused on her "work" she is. She is adorable!

Melissa said...

She is a doll! Isn't it amazing how little girls are naturally born with those motherly instincts?? Even when they are babies themselves. Aly started showing interest in babies at that same age, and still loves toting them around and now she loves wearing pretty dresses, sparkly shoes, and putting on mommy's lipstick. And she's only 2! They grow up so fast! Love the martha stuart style birthday party! SO cute, and creative! I need to know what kind of camera you have, your pictures look so great!

Jocelyn Meacham said...

She IS a smarty pants...a cute smarty pants!