2.25.2010

the difference between men and women..

So although this conversation with Caden and I happened a few weeks ago i can't let it go untold on our lovely blog. So, at the beginning of the month i went shopping at the gateway with my mom and sisters for Mallory's birthday. Anyway since Caden and I have been married we haven't had a really cute bedspread or we have been using one that i had since high school, so lately i have been on the lookout for a new quilt. When we were shopping at Urban Outfitters i saw some really cute quilts. I had my mom and sisters with me who told me it was cute, helped me pick one out and helped me buy it compulsively. I was really excited about the purchase and although it wasn't a complete knock off, I thought it was a good deal for being at Urban Outfitters. I went to Ross and bought some cheap pillows to throw. When Caden came home i said,
" well, what do you think of the bedspread?" really excited for him to see it.
"I like it it's nice!", while he sits on the bed.
"I got it at Urban Outfitters. Guess how much it was?" smile on my face cause i thought it was a good deal.
" 30 dollars?" he says.
"Caden! it's a really nice quilt! and it was from Urban Outfitters!"
"15??"
Disappointed i answer, "It was 100.."
"I shouldn't even be laying on it!!" as he jumps off.
I go on to tell him that that is how much quilts usually cost if you want a nice one. He let me know that was fine. I still had Christmas money i still hadn't spent. I just couldn't believe after he said 30 dollars he goes to 15. What the heck guys.....really? or was i not so much a bargain shopper. Well i guess that's a little difference between men and women.



9 comments:

Whitney said...

cute i love it!

CAS said...

love it meg!
great post!

A and R said...

Cute, cute Megan! I like it! And so funny, that sounds EXACTLY like what Rich would say.

Sheffers said...

LOL! MEN? I like the quilt, great find! Jordan would react the same way but he would strongly suggest that I take it back. I really like it! I hope your doing fantastic!

The Buzz said...

I love how he felt like he couldn't even lay on it..hahaha!
It is so cute, and it just feels so good when your bedroom looks nice!

CHS officers said...

Ha ha, I LOVE this story! You did find a great deal! Go Megan! And the quilt is SUPER cute! Love it!

Megan said...

Hahaha that is perfect! I love the quilt!

Melissa said...

good job on picking out a super cute quilt. I love it. That story is hilarious!

Jocelyn Meacham said...

HAHAHAHAHAH! That is so funny. Guys are all the same!! I love him anyway! It looks so cute on your bed! I love the pillows!!