3.25.2011

motivation

Where is it??
This is something I am currently lacking.
I'm supposed to run a 10k (6.2 miles) in 2 weeks.
That should get me motivated right?
Now for some people that would be no big deal, but when I run outside I should feel like this,
When I really feel like this,
What was I thinking! and then after try and train for an 80 mile bike ride 2 months after that?!? Every time before I go on a run, I get a little nervous. I don't know why. I think to myself, "I'm going to make it 3 miles today". I come home and think, "That had to forsure be 3 miles. I'm so tired!", but when I track it in my car afterwards it was only 2 or 2.5.?? Arg! It's now been a week since I've ran (sickness and weather) and I'm now lacking the motivation to get out there. Now I'm doing this not only to get back in shape and drop my baby weight, and not only because it was a new years goal, but to feel good about myself! that should be enough for motivation right?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's hard! I have been training for a triathlon that is in 2 months and I swear I will be happy if I finish! 80 mile bike ride too? WOW!! I am going to do a 30 mile one in May and am pretty sure I will die on that! Bodies change alot when you have a baby and it's hard to get back into shape afterwards! You are awesome! You can do it!

Ashley said...

I can definitely sympathize with you Megan! It IS hard!!! Are you running it with anyone else? My main motivation was that Amb, Stac, and Joce were doing it too! Plus I had a neighbor to run with. If it had just been me ... I don't know ... Heck I'm training for a half marathon right now - WhAt waS I ThINking!!

Just get out there and do your best. download Nike gps app on cadens iPhone and take it with you so u know how far you've gone! You can do it!!